
We have been going through The Put on Chart lesson book by Doorposts.
This book takes you and your children through eight character qualities, starting with compassion. What I really love about this is that it is simple in the way it is laid out, and not lacking in information or truth. It is perfect for younger children or older ones. Each lesson shows you what the Bible says about the quality you are studying, shows examples of people who showed these qualities, and practical ideas on how to encourage your kids in this area. We have been spending about a week on each quality, and it has been really neat to see the kids absorb more of God's word.
Project idea: At this point we have gone through three lessons: Compassion, kindness, and humility. The kids were to choose a character quality, any one they want of the three we have studied, and paint a picture showing that quality. I asked them not to tell what they chose, because we were all going to guess when Dad got home. It was fun to see what they came up with. I know that this picture quality stinks, but it's the only one I had.
You can go to the Doorpost website (link above) to see a sample of the first lesson: Compassion.
Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as strong to think.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ralph Waldo Emerson
No comments:
Post a Comment