Hello! It's time for another weekly wrap up.
Not too long ago, I had yet another revelation regarding our home school. It's called year round school. It may sound horrifying to some of you, it did to me at first. But, I gradually warmed up to the idea. I have realized over the past few years that we can't fit everything in a 'normal' school year - Sept- June, with 3 months off. Too much happens between September and June that can easily throw us off, like sickness (that's a biggy) for one. I am going to set some simple goals this summer for their schooling and then try to follow a 3 weeks on, 1 week off schedule. Something else I have always thought about is working our school around the weather. For example: being really focused on our lessons in the hottest part of the summer, when it's 100 degrees, and the coldest part of the winter. At those times we find ourselves indoors quite a bit anyways. Still thinking on that one!
Our week:
- We started the week off with piano lessons. The kids are getting ready for their first ever recital. They are so excited!
- Did some prep work for our yard sale that is going to be this next weekend.
- Made some good progress in school. I decided that I DO like Mallorys language book (A Beka). She is learning a lot in 3rd grade. It's working for her. We might just stick with it.
- I plan on doing A Beka Kindergarten next year with the twins. It works, it has really fun a colorful workbooks (which they love), and I know that by the end of the year they will be reading well.
- Still praying about what math I will do with Mallory and Jonah. Math U See for Jonah? Teaching Textbooks for Mallory? Wow, so sorry to keep you in suspense - I'm sure it's just killing you not to know! :) Maybe I should do an entire post about math when I get it all figured out. Kidding! But all kidding aside...this is a big deal! I don't like math, but yet I have to teach it to my children! So, it's important to me to toss out the stuff that isn't working and search the world over for the perfect-for-us math curriculum.
- Had a couple of visits from friends.
- Cleaned out 2 closets.
- Robert started reading book 3 of the Narnia series to the kids.
Well, that's it for now. I have a little baby that needs me! :)
Have a great week! We are taking this coming week off!
Linking up to: Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers
No comments:
Post a Comment