Thursday, March 31, 2011

Some Bits and Pieces of March

This month started out with excitement as we anticipated spring.  I had plans to spring clean and prepare for our annual garage sale.  In doing so, I would be clearing out clutter and getting rid of a lot of the stuff we have accumulated in our house....which is exciting for me!  It is a freeing feeling! March is the time I start thinking about the yard and make plans for a garden.  This year a garden is especially exciting because I have several eager helpers.

Here's a little glimpse of our March:

Emery was the first to get sick in our house.  Poor girl.  All the kids felt so sorry for her and had so much compassion.

They made her this Star Wars card to try and cheer her up.


I guess this was taken at the beginning of the month - before the sicknesses.  The kids made a fruit salad, and a kiwi drink.   
They made up a menu, set the table and Voila we have the makings for a restaurant.



The 3 little girls.  Addie is standing now.  She pulls herself up and I'm sure it won't be long until she cruises around holding furniture.  I can't believe how fast this time has gone.  She will be 1 year old before we know it.  And don't get me started on the fact that my little twinners are almost 5!


Mallory and Robert spent a weekend preparing her car for the Awana Grand Prix. They had a lot of fun preparing and it was fun for the rest of us to see this car take shape.


Robert and Jonah had a project of their own this month.  Last summer we bought a slide off of craigslist to add to our swing set.  My handy (and cute)  husband attached the slide, and in this picture he and Jones are building a ladder. The kids (and even the dog) love this slide!  Oh, and I should tell you on behalf of Robert: he doesn't usually wear his sweatshirt tucked into his shorts.   I can't remember the reason - something having to do with sawdust.   But, he wanted you all to know. :)

4 comments:

ness said...

HA! I love that he has his shirt tucked into his shorts-you know I wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't mention it:)

I'm glad you are all feeling better!

When are you planning of having your g-sale?

Sarah M. said...

Ness said exactly what I was going to say. ☺ He is a funny guy.

I was wondering about the garage sale too. Can I maybe participate in it as well? I have lots and lots of things I would like to get rid of. Let me know! ☺

The Keevy Family said...

What beautiful children you have! And I love the idea of the restaurant. :) Sorry you have been sick, hope you are on the mend now.

Jane

Jeanette said...

What a relief about the sweatshirt! Enjoyed your pics. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...