God is such an artist!
Monday: I watched a friends daughter. School day was successful.
Tuesday: We met my sister in a town about an hour from here. Her husband is working there for a while and she went with him this week.. So we went to see her.
Wednesday: My sister came over to our house.
Thursday: Today I decided that I needed to get back in my routine of getting up early - before the kids. I was able to get up spend time in the Word and check my email while having my coffee, in sweet peace and quiet. My day went so smooth. School was good. I watched another friends 4 kids for a few hours. Kids all had so much fun!
Friday (today): Today I did Math a little differently with Jonah, my 7year old. He is a hands on learner. So I pulled out my fake school money and we counted up dimes, nickels and pennies till we couldn't take any more. He's getting it! We used my school clock (instead of the ones pictured in his workbook) to practice telling time! I am looking for some fun ways to teach my kinesthetic learner (ideas welcome). I have seen such a difference, an eagerness in him actually, by changing around the way we do school. A huge blessing - it's easier on both of us!
Big News of the evening: Addie (7mo) said Mama today! All through dinner: mama, mama. The older kids think she is amazing. She is! Here she is...showing off her new bottom teeth. In this picture her second tooth is just coming through.
2 comments:
Sounds like a good week. =)
How wonderful you and Jonah are finding better and more successful ways to enjoy the learning process, I know that can be so different with each kid!
You are amazing with all you do. I've probably said this before, but I remember you were always my favorite babysitter, because you were always so soft-spoken and patient with all of us. Your kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom.
Oh, that's so cute that she said mama! What a big girl!
(By the way-the childrens museum is only open thurs-sun, so we couldn't have gone anyway.)
Post a Comment