Monday, August 9, 2010

Kid Friendly Ice Cream Recipe



Homemade Ice Cream
1T Sugar
1/2 cup Milk or Half-n-half
1/4 t Vanilla
6T Rock Salt (I use corse Kosher salt -because that's what I had)
1 pint size ziplock bag
1 gallon size ziplock bag
Ice cubes

Put ice and salt in the gallon size bag. Place sugar, milk and vanilla in the pint size bag and zip securely. Place the pint size bag in the gallon bag and shake for 5 minutes.

I placed mine in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.

NOTE: 1/2 cup of milk will make about a scoop of ice cream.




Ice Cream boogie!


Voila!

2 comments:

Brad said...

I have never enjoyed homemade ice cream...I think I've been spoiled (or by taste buds have been seared) on the highly processed week old stuff from the store...hope you enjoyed nevertheless and this looks like a very simple recipe.

Brad

Anonymous said...

i'm making copies for all the folks i work with as they have small children who will love this. Kj, you should let Sawyer try this.

Louise

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...