Monday feels like a new beginning in our house. With the holidays over and me feeling good, we are going to get back to normal.
Today I am going to remove any evidence of Christmas, not that I don't like Christmas, but it's over. It time to put the decor away.
I will also give the kids' bedrooms an over haul. It's time to bring in the big guns: my husband, garbage sacks, and bins/boxes. We clean differently when it comes to kids stuff. He is unattached to their things and only sees garbage on the floor. I on the other hand like to put everything with it's kind and store it with some organization in the perfect spot; little people, Polly pocket, kitchen, little toys, cars, trucks and weapons - all together. I have leaned to like his way of cleaning. I learned this a couple of years ago when I got mad at him for 'cleaning out of anger'. He went around the house and put just about every toys that was on the floor in a box and out in the garage. I was upset because all the little pieces were not together. Shortly after that cleaning extravaganza I noticed something different about my day: I wasn't picking up 900 little pieces of toys and the kids didn't miss anything. I had a little more time. At that time I was homeschooling for the first time (Mal was in Kindergarten), and I had two tiny toddlers to run around after, plus a 4 year old. He wasn't concerned about all the little toys being together, in fact he was thinking of me and trying to make it easier (in his own way) for me throughout the day. Thoughtful, really! Maybe by combining our efforts we can clear out their rooms.
I will also be cleaning up our school room, because on Monday we will be heading full speed ahead with homeschooling. I am excited to get back in that routine.
Last night we rang in the New Year by having some friends over. We played games, ate food and visited. There were six adults and eleven kids, 8 years old and younger! Thanks for coming over! We had a lot of fun!
1 comment:
Ah yes, I completely agree, I love to welcome the new year with a deep cleaning of life--beginning with the bedrooms. :)
And us too, looking forward to putting our efforts back in full swing into school for the second half of the year. The holidays and all their fun always throw us off a bit, so I'm looking forward to setting a routine again.
Post a Comment