Do you ever feel like an inadequate blogger? I do.
I was talking to my friend Cami the other day and we both agreed that some times we hold back on our blogging because we feel a little self conscience about our writing abilities. Like, did we forget a comma, or some other punctuation?
We have a friend who writes beautifully. Her funny stories and the way she articulates her thoughts keep you coming back for more. She can turn an ordinary, everyday thing into the most interesting story. I should also mention that her punctuation and sentence structure is flawless. ;o)
Sometimes we have these ideas for a blog post, but we hold back. Part of it has to do with the fact that we home school our kids. I mean, really. Should a person who homeschool's be afraid to write? Not that because you homeschool you automatically know everything. In fact most moms I know who homeschool would agree that you learn a thing or two by teaching your kids.
So as you read my blog, keep in mind that I have only homeschooled up to the 2nd grade. We are working on sight words and special sounds. Our sentence structure consists of a capital letter at the beginning and punctuation at the end. Maybe you'll see improvement in my writing when I start teaching the upper grades - Jr. high and high school.
And BTW, do I homeschool my kids or home school my kids? When is it one word and when is it two words? Maybe I should know this. But I don't. Sigh.
5 comments:
How do you know that your friends sentence structure is flawless? Maybe she adds too, many, commas. :)
You are hilarious! I guess I don't, know, since, I, am, an "inadequate blogger".:)
But seriously - I just know.
I really enjoy reading your blog. It's heartfelt and encouraging.
Besides, I sorta figure that blogging is like a conversation between friends, so the "rules" don't totally apply. (Good thing too, since I break 'em all the time.)
I hear ya, I have a love-hate relationship with my blog. I love to write down things I want myself and my kids to remember, and I hate that sometimes I worry about whether or not it will be interesting to anyone but myself. But then I remember, well, it's my blog, and I'm the only one who's probably going to care about a single previous post a year from now. So I try to make it what I'll want to read again. But yeah, the blog world totally intimidates me sometimes. I have to remember not to compare myself to anyone, that's when I like blogging best.
And hmm, that's a good question on the homeschool/home school...Not sure how I should be saying it either. ;)
I always feel inadequate about my blog! I just don't do it when I think that I do not have something important to say or share...but most of the time I shy away from it because I some topics that I wrestle with do not need to be out for all to see...I should probably just get a journal! Especially since I closed my travel business and stopped blogging there, I asked the Orange County Register to remove my old blog from their list. But then they went and added my home/little ol me life blog on their list. UGH> It was intented for friends and family to have a conversation. And whomever may stumble upon it. So not only am I inadequte, now I just avoid it all together.
But I love your blog. It makes the miles apart seem smaller:)
Post a Comment