We took this week off of school. One of the perks of homeschooling. We have already done about 3 weeks of school, so we have had a good head start.
Yesterday, I did the laundry- which was a HUGE undertaking! I have just a couple of loads to go.
Last night my friend Cami and her daughters, Kayla and Kellory, came over and we watched a movie. FUN!
Updated:
I started this post last week....
since then, Robert has safely returned from his hiking trip...but had to leave again. He got accepted in a "leadership development class" for work and is out of town for a couple of days.
We started school again this week. It is our 4th week of school. The kids' favorite class are: history and science. So far this year they have done a couple of projects for those classes. #1: a cave painting. We crumbled up a paper sack and the kids used tooth picks, plastic forks, and paint brushes to paint their caves. Oh, and they used their fingers too. #2: we made a model of the Nile River. We had to add a spot for the Nile Delta, a place in the river that flooded annually (back in the day), added silt to the land, and produced good crops. We planted grass seed, and flooded our river to water our seed so that it will grow. Mallory commented on how fast our seeds were growing. I told her "yes, it is because of that marvelous silt that fertilizes the land". And there ya have it! The kids loved it.
Oh, I wish they loved math and language!
Laundry, my nemesis...ugh! I have more laundry to do. I guess I will be thankful that I have laundry to do!
My friend Jeanette is coming over tomorrow evening to spend the night. She may or may not bring her kids or at least two of them. Mallory and Jonah love playing with her kids.
Well, it's almost 11pm. I've been up since 5:30ish. I am tired!
4 comments:
You're so creative with your kids' school projects. I love it!
Btw - the shower last weekend was SO nice. Thanks for hosting it!
Hey Amy, I was reading about all your laundry and it brought to mind when you watched the kids for me many years ago. I distinctly remember your comment about how much laundry there was. Well, now they all do their own, and its no longer as much work for me. Enjoy it if you can. It only lasts a little while. I can only imagine 12 socks per person per day minimum, Arrrgg, I hate socks. Take Care
Tandy, I remember that conversation! Back then I was younger and had more energy. :) Boy I make myself sound old. But, it's different when I was watching your kids....I got to leave when you guys got back.:) I think that was the weekend I accidently found out that you were pregnant with Collin...remember?
Denise,
I was happy to host it! So glad we had such a great turn out!
Post a Comment