Friday, May 29, 2009

Garage Sales: Part 2

Read Part 1: HERE

If the need to have a garage sale, and the need to go to garage sales runs through your veins like it does mine...then you may be able to relate.

Why I like garage sales:

1) I like a good deal! Who doesn't, right?

2) The thrill of the hunt. If you have ever found an excellent deal at a g-sale - you know what I am talking about! Tell me, what good deals have you found? Leave a comment!

*Last summer (?) I was looking for a double umbrella stroller. I found one. Excellent condition! They were asking $60. I got it for $40. New they are $130. It was one more way that God provided for us!

3) I can easily clothe my four kids for a great price! Now, in case some of you think that just because I get clothes for the kids at g-sales, that they are dressed in ugly, worn out, unfashionable clothes...that's not the case. I won't buy clothes that are worn, ripped, stained, ugly, etc. AND you don't have to either! Buying gently used clothing at a great price allows me some freedoms: freedom from worrying that they are going to ruin a nice outfit that cost a lot of money. We still try and take care of the clothing, but I refuse to spend so much of my time worrying about them ruining clothes - when they are just playing outside, doing normal kid stuff.

4) The possibilities: of refurbishing something unusable to usable, old to new, ugly to pretty. You can transform a plain chandelier to chic. Furniture can be tuned up or changed all together.

If you can't relate to anything I just said, well then, hmmm. I don't know. This was probably the most boring thing ever, and you are probably not even reading this. But, on the off chance you are still here.....

I challenge you.....to put your preconceived ideas about garage sales aside, go find a deal somewhere, and make it lovely! C'mon, just try it!

If you read my last post on g-sales, I mentioned that when you are having a g-sale that you should have some sort of organization to your madness. It doesn't have to be perfect - it will get all messed up in a few seconds when people start coming to your sale, but it is helpful to have your things sorted, and priced. Priced right! Here are a couple of pictures of a organized garage. My friend is having her first sale ever this weekend ( I am SO proud!)! She has a boutique right in her garage. She is organized, friendly, and priced right! I'm sure her sale will be a HUGE success!

This is just one half of her garage. What was I thinking...I should have taken pictures of the other side! It is just as pretty and full of stuff as this side! :)
As much as I could sit here and blog about g-sales. I can't. I need to go and feed my kids breakfast and start packing! We're moving...that's another post!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, It must run in the family. Remember Grandma, and how she loved garage sales. This was past on to a 3rd generation. Maybe you will pass it on to the 4th generation. I wish I could come to your friend's sale. It looks great.

Louise

Angie said...

"keep your eyes peeled" that is what mom and grandma use to say when looking for signs.

I just got an RC airplane new in box for $4. I looked it up uonline and saw one for $89 - score!

The Nester said...

Wow, that is an organized sale!

And you are so right about kids clothes--you can find the best stuff--I get so spoiled by yard sale prices that I think the goodwill is expensive!

Great post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...