When I was a kid some of our chores where: dinner dishes, pulling weeds, bringing in firewood, picking up the doggie doo, and bathroom duty. They would usually get done, but not without a lot of arguing and complaining. We would tell our parents that the only reason they had us, was so that we could do "all of the work". Isn't that precious? :0) I thought of that, because the other day Mallory said something like that to me. She said, "Mom, I have to do everything around here". I only wanted her to start cleaning her room. :)
It has been a struggle in my own house to get the kids to do chores. BUT, I think I found something to help. I ordered these flip charts for kids that teach them step-by-step how to clean their bedroom and other rooms in the house. It has nice pictures, a place to assign weekly chores, and a box to check when the job is completed. My 7 yo old loves to check boxes. The flip charts are laminated and they come with a dry erase pen.
Check them out--click HERE.
2 comments:
Funny that you should post this.I have been dealing with this very thing too. I spent 4 hours the other day organizing and picking up Maddy's room...so not fun. I would love to look at your charts when you get them. Anything to get a "leg up". ;)
Amy,
This is great...I so remember those days - it makes me think about it especially when my mom (still says) she had 3 dishwashers (my sisters and I) when there was none but us. :) Thank you for the link. It looks like a great site.
Post a Comment