“Faith is not a comfortable address at which to live. We like to think of faith growing and developing quietly, in a peaceful, favored situation, without the need for conflict or struggle. Actually, faith is like a muscle. It only grows strong when it is exercised, and that may well involve us in breaking through successive pain barriers if its full potential is going to be developed. Nobody ever won a gold medal for weightlifting painlessly. Faith usually has to be exercised in the middle of confusion and uncertainty, when the battle is at its toughest and its outcome undecided.”
This is a quote, sent to my friend, from her dad--the pastor of our church.
What a great quote. I will leave it at that!
2 comments:
That really is a great quote. Faith really does need to be exercised...Especially in today's world it does not come easily, there is just so much out there to try us. And I love quotes that remind me that by pushing harder I can become stronger, that it really is up to me. Thanks for sharing. :)
Thanks Amy for the reminder. I think I might add it to fb. Can you give me the name of the pastor?
Post a Comment