We spent last weekend in Spokane. It was great! For the first time since moving away from there, I would really love to move back. I miss being able to drop in at my parents and sisters houses. I miss sipping coffee at the table or on a patio with my sisters and chatting as the kids play. I miss seeing their kids grow everyday and the cute little things they do. I am actually very happy and content where I am now. But I still miss living close to family.
I just started reading the book 'A Woman after God's Own Heart' by Elizabeth George. In the first Chapter one thing that really struck me was her explantion of Proverbs 3:6.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths.
She describes it as a partnership. Our part: we acknowledge Him in everything. His part: He will direct our paths.
What does this look like in daily life? Be prayerful as you go about your day. Don't think that asking God for wisdom on the decisions you make everyday is silly. The awesome thing about God is that he cares about every aspect of our lives. Everything is important. From our grocery shopping, house work, who we talk to throughout the day, how much time we spend in front of the TV or computer (hmm, I better wrap this up), buying clothes, choosing a ministry, our hearts attitude, where we live, it all matters to Him.
I would like to encourage you to start your day with prayer, and acknowledge the Lord in all you do throughout your day. Find joy in the Lord as He directs your paths. <><
2 comments:
Amy-
I am glad you finally posted-but no pictures??? I know you have some!!
I am reading that book too, it is really good! My MOPS table is going through it this summer and meeting once a week to talk about it. I like that you said God cares about the little things like our grocery lists etc. As a sahm my grocery list, the money I manage to buy grociers and the food I prepare for my family IS NOT a little thing it is a very big part of my life and as mundane as it may sound God does care about it! Anyways....I am blabbing.
Ness
Well first, Candace and I enjoyed the pictures of Jonah! :)
Second, "A Woman After..." was the 1st book God uses to mentor me probably in 1999 or so. She was on Midday Connection a few years later and I called in to thank her for mentoring me. And I cried -- I was so thankful.
That is EXACTLY why I want to write -- to pour into other women's lives what other authors did for me when I had no "people."
And I wish you lived here, too. Now I have time to socialize! xoxo
Post a Comment