I have nothing. in my brain. to post about.
I am hoping that as I sit here and start to type - something will come to my brain.
It's 10:40 pm. The house is quiet, except for the background noise of Extreme Couponing. I should just turn it off. I don't feel like getting up. I am amazed at how much stuff these extreme couponers get. I asked Robert this evening if he wanted me to be a low or medium extreme couponer. He said, "no, you don't have time". Yay!! That is true! I really don't. I do love a good deal, though. So I am definitely not against cereal sales or coupons in general.
Today Addie learned a new trick. She now puts her own diapers in the garbage. She made me look really good this evening when out of the blue, she picked up the diaper I had just taken off of her (it was neatly rolled up) and put it in the trash can. She opened the trash lid and everything. It was a proud moment (for both of us), when she walked back in the room where we were sitting to clapping and yay's. She had the cutest, biggest grin on her face.
Mallie and Jones learned a new trick too. This week they are in training for 'After dinner clean up'. They were off the hook today, since they had Awana. But, Monday and Tuesday - they did amazing! And today, to top it off - Mallory made a cake. All by herself. It was delicious. She has helped me before, but this time, do you want to know what I was doing? I was talking to my friend Lisa on the phone. Sitting there - not hovering or correcting! She is growing up.....sigh.
The other day while I was visiting with my neighbor, one of the twins came downstairs and asked, "Mommy, why are you always smiling?". "you are always happy?". I was a little taken back by that question. They didn't know that just last week I decided I was going to smile - a lot. I have caught myself prior to that decision not smiling enough. Not because there is necessarily something terribly wrong, but a lot of times the noise level gets to me and my brain is trying to switch to hibernation mode, or I am just deep in thought. Who knows what I look like when I am deep in thought. A lot of times I am thinking about several things at once. That can easily contort a face...maybe it's just me, who knows. In any case, I would rather my kids remember me smiling...
...and God is so good to allow me to hear that comment from one of the girls. It was encouraging!
Boy, and here I thought I wouldn't have anything to say!
3 comments:
Good post:) it made me feel like I just had a cup of coffee with you to catch up. I miss you all.
Hope you are still smiling! What a great idea ...and yes...those girlies do grow up! I love that poem that ends with "so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rockin' my baby 'cause babies don't keep." Bless you!
This was a nice "chat" with you. They do grow up & so fast. I'm finding girls do a lot quicker than boys. I was thinking the same thing about myself the other day (the smiling). My mom always used to say to me (when I was a teen) I wish you'd smile more, you have such a beautiful smile. I have so much to smile about, I wish it would just naturally show up on my face :) It seems silly to have to work at it!! I can't wait to see you & visit with you in person!
Post a Comment