Last weekend we went on a much needed vacation. We spent two days up in the mountains with some friends. This vacation was planned, booked, and prepared for in a day. It was very spur of the moment. We rented a lodge up in Leavenworth....and it was beautiful! We had a great time! Here are a few pictures below:
| Our first picture as a family of 7 |
| Mallory and Jonah |
| We brought play-doh for the kids. Emery with play-doh eyes. |
| Kennedy and her play-doh nose |
Thankfully, we had Monday off to recover from our vacation.
Tuesday through Friday (today) were very productive! For the last few weeks, I have been using worksheets on this site for math. The school math book was just moving too fast for my 3rd grader and I felt/feel that Mallory needs to master some of the multiplication facts first. I really want it to click with her. I pray that my kids have their father's math brain! It is by far my least favorite subject to teach and the worst subject for me when I was in school. This site has made it a lot easier and I love that they have free printables! Even if you don't homeschool your children, this math website is a great place to visit, and print off worksheets for your kids, if you feel they need some extra practice.
A couple of years ago my friend Lisa, gave me the idea of a treasure box. Well this week I have finally implemented this idea. I found a cute little basket today at Fred Meyer's (that was 50% off of the sales price) that I am using for the treasure basket. I have been collecting little "treasures" for a while now. How it works: If they have a good attitude about school and chores they get to pick something at the end of our school day on Friday. No talking back, no complaining or whining. If they get three strikes during the week- they're out and they don't get to pick out anything. The kid with the least amount of strikes gets to pick first. By "they" I mean each kid - this isn't a collective deal.
| Our Treasure Basket |
Linking to a weekly wrap up at: http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/
2 comments:
Cool, thanks for the math site! Love the treasure basket, I love fun motivators. Glad you all had a fun trip, sounds so nice to get away...
Glad you got a vacation. Love the treasure basket idea.
Post a Comment