Tuesday I woke up with a plan. I woke up with energy, despite the sleepless night I had with a sick baby. It was one of those days when I was going to accomplish it all. School was going to be done with diligence, the chores were going to get done to show the sparkling clean house we would all love to live in. I was going to do all this and still be full of energy at the end of the day. HA!
The reality of the day was a little different. Thankfully, I was prepared for my plans to be changed. Finally, I was prepared. That is a lesson that took some time to learn.
Sometimes as moms, and homeschooling moms, we can feel as though we are never doing enough. We can be so concerned about what other kids are learning at school (compared to ours) that it's easy to miss those important lessons right under our noses. Lessons you won't find in a text book, and lessons that can shape the adults that they will become, if taught. Of course this isn't limited to home schooling moms, but that's what I am, so I write from that perspective.
Don't be afraid to put aside the books once in a while to work on these little hearts.
1 comment:
This is a good reminder to be flexible as a mom. If not we might miss an opportunity to teach a valuable lesson. Thanks Aim :)
Post a Comment