Before
This counter serves many purposes. Mainly, it is/was the 'catch all' place for mail, craft projects, pens, pencils, tools (the ones I use to hang up pictures, etc.), my calendar, and many other things.
After
I decided that the only things that need to be in this cabinet are: cookbooks/recipe box, envelopes and stamps, coupons (costco, joann's and pizza), and first aid- bandaids.
Can you hear the chorus of angels? I can every time I open this drawer!
I am pretty motivated. Last night I also organized my coffee cupboard. Other things on my list are: a corner cupboard in my kitchen, the under my stairs closet - for starters. How about you?
I will do the drawing for the $5 Starbucks card on Wednesday.
Link Up:
In the link title, list your blog name and what you did.
For example: love notes - kitchen cupboard/drawer
8 comments:
I did this! I organized my craft room-thanks for the inspiration!
Wow, it looks beautiful. I love organized spaces.
I'm in the middle of painting/refinishing my dining room table and chairs. Ugh, what a chore! If I finish in time, I'll link up.
I am going to work on linking up today...
Your cabinet looks great. I bet Robert loves it too.
I love this, nicely done! I have to ask though, what did you do with all the stuff that isn't going to live on that counter anymore? That is where I struggle, where to make new homes for the stuff. *sigh* Why does being organized have to be so painful sometimes?? ☺
Sarah,
Good question...and I should have said something about in my post.
A LOT of that stuff I threw away. I had an embarassing amount of trash in there and I got rid of some cookbooks. As I was going through it, I noticed that a lot of it was crafty things - either mine or the kids. So, I made a craft box - which I need to go through later and organize. I plan on making the bottom cupboard a craft cupboard, where I will keep markers, crayons, paper, etc.
Also, there were things that belonged in the garage and upstairs. So I just put them away. :)
Now for the closet under my stairs. UGH!
Wow! What an accomplishment. Every place we've lived the "catch-all" place has always been a problem.
Hey, I see you are doing the drawing tomorrow. Can I submit a place I've cleaned recently but not this week? I have a post I could link to, but not sure if a bathroom cabinet in the last couple of months is fair. Let me know.
Jane
Yes, Jane, you may! Can't wait to see it!
Thank you, Amy for taking the time to answer my question! ☺ I appreciate it! Now to organize and throw away some things of my own...
Post a Comment