Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Last May I found a couple of beds at a Yard Sale.
I needed a couple of beds, so I was pretty excited!


Some light sanding, and about 4 or 5 cans of spray
paint turned this 1980's sponged painted
nightmare...


into a dreamy place where my 8 year
old will be resting her sweet head
for years to come!


The bed was a bargin at $20 (which included
a boxspring), plus another $18 for the paint =a new bed for under $40.



This bunk bed was painted black and had some
of the usual bumps and bruises on it. Black
wasn't a bad color choice, and the condition wasn't
too bad, but I was in the mood to paint. I chose
brown.


We used wood putty to fill in some of the deeper
gaps and lightly sanded.


Bunk beds - $15, Paint - $18

New bed total = $33
spray paint party

6 comments:

ness said...

Wowsers-what a transformation! I love mallys bed, I bet she feels like a princess in it, I know I would!

Angie said...

Great job! You should bring some beds up for the sale :)

denise said...

Very, very cute. Way to be thrifty!

Stephani said...

Nice! Great deals, and they turned out beautiful!

Jamie said...

Great job! This is very awesome. I have to repaint the kids' dresser (which was Dustin's when he was a kid and very much in need of a new coat of paint) I hope it turns out half as good as your new beds did. :)

Sarah M. said...

One word: genius. You are so talented at refashioning things. These turned out so awesome! Great job, Amy! ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...