I am especially looking forward to the start of this new school year. I think because last year started out with horrible morning sickness. I felt behind the entire year. I don't like that feeling. So, this year, Lord willing, I will be able to keep on schedule.
I have had the kids school books since spring. We are still using A Beka. This year Mallory will be using the DVD for 3rd grade, Jonah - 1st, Kennedy and Emery - K4.
For the next few weeks I will be working on:
*rearranging the school room - CHECK
* setting up an area for Mallory. She will need a place to watch the DVD's that is quiet (if that's possible), and close to me so I can help her
*Add some shelving - CHECK
* get a new whiteboard - CHECK
*come up with and write out schedules for: school and chores
*making the school room pretty and fun AND functional!
I would like to make a big tree for the corner of the room to hang up some of their work on and to add some seasonal items to. Anyone know how to make a tree? Stephani - if you read this, I would like to make a tree like yours...can you give me some instructions?
UPDATED TO ADD: rethinking the gigantic tree idea. Maybe I will make a smaller one for our school room.
I'll have to add to this later...Addie needs me! Sweet little baby!
4 comments:
In our kindy class we had a giant tree. Used brown paper and tacked it to the wall then stuffed the trunk as we went with newspaper. Then twisted and stuffed more brown paper for the limbs. It was in a corner and the limbs were hanging and some tacked to the ceiling. We then made leaves with each childs name on them. But you could use the leaves to attach the work you want to display.
You should check out shower board at home depot or lowes, it comes in 4x8 sheets and works just like a white board, but for about $12.
Ditto on the above two comments. :)
That's just how we made our tree, big roll of brown paper and twisting and scrunching and tacking. (I found that upholstery tacks worked best to hold the branches to the ceiling, as they are thicker and longer). (it was also honestly a royal pain in the neck! to make. but fun to have. ;) )
And I don't know what exactly the white board thing we have is called, but I got it at Home Depot, 4x8 feet, and about $14 bucks. It works great, but best with higher quality markers, as some left stains and streaks, though they could always be washed off with clorox wipes, then we wiped it down with water real good and let it dry before using again....
Good luck getting your school room ready, such a fun part of homeschooling! :)
Oh, and thanks for sharing the link for the curriculum you use, I'm going to check that out. :)
I love the tree idea. Could you post a picture when you finish it?
Post a Comment