My desire was to grow our family by adoption, because the thought of being pregnant again was horrifying to me and also because adoption is a good thing. With each pregnancy I spend a good 3 months on the couch- sick, miserable and guilt ridden. Robert however, did not share my desire to adopt. So I prayed. I prayed that God would take away this desire for more children, change Robert's heart on the matter or that perhaps He would consider giving us twins - a two for one.
And He did.
A couple months later I found out I was expecting. At 9 weeks I found out that we were expecting fraternal twins. At 18 weeks we found out we were expecting two girls.
A common question I'm sure anyone with twins gets is: Do twins run in your family? Although we do have twins -way back somewhere in the family line, my twins were an answer to prayer. I give complete credit to the Lord who gives and gives and loves and loves and knows the desires of our hearts.
We are to pray without ceasing with confidence, knowing our prayers will be answered.
The giver of life - His timing is perfect.
Yesterday we celebrated 4 years with my little blessings, my answer to prayer...



3 comments:
Cute pictures! Maybe I should pray for a two-fer:)
Happy Birthday Twinners!
How sweet, and yes, what blessings! Are they really fraternal? Wow, they really look identical. They are SOO cute!
It is hard to beleive 4 yrs have gone by soooo quickly! How blessed you are...God does give and give and answers His hearts desire.
Post a Comment