Kennedy comes walking down stairs last night, twirling a pair of Dora the Explorer undies on her arm yelling, 'Dora underwear for sale, Dora underwear for sale". That was a new one. I have never heard her say that before.
Last weekend at Costco we bought Special K Berries cereal. Mallory said," ooh, look Kennedy, special K". Emery upset says, "Can we buy some Special E cereal"? She couldn't quite understand why they wouldn't have any special E cereal. I heard Kennedy say a couple of times that evening, "I'm special!". Who knew cereal could make my 3yo feel so good about herself?!
Mallory was in trouble the other day (can't remember why) and I told her she was not going to be able to watch a movie with the other kids. She was a little upset that I didn't give her a heads up of what would happen if she didn't obey. She said, "Mom, the guy on the radio (K-LOVE) said that a parent always needs to tell their kids about the consequences first". Sometimes it seems like she wants to weigh the consequences before chooses to obey. Anyways, I told her that at 8 years old she should be pretty familiar with the rules of our home AND KNOW that there are always consequences when they are not followed or if they don't listen. She listens to K-LOVE all the time and is always telling us what people say and giving us the news.... Some state has 2 more feet of snow, parents shouldn't yell at their kids, expecting a huge ice storm in the east, etc.
I love these guys!
2 comments:
that is such a funny story about the cereal! what characters!
Who would have thought 3 year olds can be so smart.
Post a Comment