Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Can you say boring? Bor-ing! Which is what my blog has been lately!

This month has been spent dealing with the stomach flu and recovery. It went through all of us, as usual. We have recovered from that and are now getting over colds. Colds are much more preferable. I will take boogers over barf...any day!

Robert has a new hobby. Snowmobiling. Over here you have to travel about 2 hours to get to snow, so he and some friends make a day trip of it. I will have to get him to take some pictures. He has a lot of fun!

I have been trying like crazy to get this house back in 'working' condition. It got out of control when I was sick for 3 months. I have also been working at getting our family back on track with meals. Here's the menu for the week:

Monday
Creamy sweet potato soup
Veggie pita sandwiches

Tuesday
Baked cod
Wild Californian Rice
veggies/Salad
French bread

Wednesday
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
Coleslaw

Thursday
Crunchy Fiesta Salad
Rolls
???
or this might be a breakfast night

Friday
Pizza night

*It's all subject to change as my taste buds change. :) But that's the general idea.

Last week we had our ultra sound. We are having another girl! The kids are excited. My sister made the comment that the twins will have their very own real doll. So true! It's hard to imagine them as big sisters. It will be good for them!

Jonah hasn't lost hope of having a brother(s). He keeps talking about how we can still have twin boys. He actually told the checker at Yoke's the other day that we are having another girl, but my mom will be having eight more boys. It's good that kids have a lot of faith in their parents, right? :)

5 comments:

Kjersten said...

congrats on your little girl! so excited for you. and kudos to jonah for his optimism:)

ness said...

oh jonah, you make me laugh. optimisic little boy!

i ran across a quote the other day and it made me think of you. you could use moms cricket and make a cute sign! it is:

when there is room your heart, there is room in your house!

i will have to look up who said it, but i thought it was cute!

glad you guys are all feeling better! hopefully everyone will be healthy for a while :)

Angie said...

Just send Jones over here! We have all the boy you could ever want. I like that saying Ness! Maybe you could have 8 more boys Amy...

Stephani said...

Ahh, congrats on another little girl! I wanted one more of those myself, but it wasn't in my cards. ;)

Love your menu, I'm going to copy a few of those, yum!

denise said...

Congrats on another girl! I can't wait to meet those 8 boys you'll be having in the future :)

At least you're blogging...sigh. I've just got nothin' lately. Ever have those kind of days/weeks?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...