Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Throne of Grace

Something I have known about myself for a while is this: When I am feeling awful I tend to get a little irritable....I lack grace.

I don't want to lack grace. I want my family to remember me with grace oozing out of my pores!

I have been thinking about this verse:

Hebrews 4:15-16
15For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

16Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

The first thing that struck me about these verses was the 'let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace' . I immediately thought "can our kids approach our throne of grace with confidence?"

Do I give my kids as much grace as I give myself?

After all, they have only been on this earth for 8, 6 and 3 years. Should we really be surprised by there sin? At 35 God is still working on me and my character. I wonder if our expectations with our kids line up with Gods. Sure there are expectations that we should all have of our kids. I am not suggesting that we just sit back and do nothing - God has given us responsibilities with the children He gave us.



**************************************************************************

Then as I looked closer verse 15 caught my attention. Jesus, being our high priest CAN sympathize with our weaknesses. He understands because when he was on earth he was human. He had emotions like us, he was tempted- but He was without sin. He was perfect.

So, therefore, because our high priest can sympathize with our weakness, He stands ready to give us immediate help when we need it. Ask.

If you struggle as a wife, a mother, keeper of the home, a teacher, friends, sisters, daughters, servants to others, a mom who works outside the home (who desires to be home), a wife in a tough marriage, a parent with rebellious kids, or the wife of an unbelieving husband. Perhaps you struggle with depression, anxiety, are fearful. All of these things can be taken to God's throne of grace. And we can go there with confidence so that we may receive mercy from a loving God, and find grace to help in our time of need.

Throne of Grace.

Doesn't that have a nice ring to it? It's so....comforting. God's throne of grace. He is so full of mercy and love.

1 comment:

Christian said...

Throne of Grace does have a nice ring...it could be called any number of other things, Throne of Power, Throne of Justice, Throne of the All-knowing God etc. Interesting that He chose Throne of Grace, and very insightful into His character and how much He loves us. Isn't it easier to stand before the Throne of Grace than the Throne of anything else?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...