Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's easy for me to post pictures of my family and share with you what we have been up to. But, this blog wouldn't be a true reflection of me (or my family) without sharing also what drives me, what keeps me going and on my toes. So sometimes, you will see pictures of our little blessings and our family events, but other times I want to be able to share with you the burdens that are felt and how God is working in our lives. What I really want to you all to see, friends, family and strangers is the love I have for Christ and how He has changed my life to make me into the Person: wife and mother that I am - which isn't always lovely, but by His grace, I am learning and growing!


I have felt burdened lately.

There is a problem. A problem with Christians today. Christians are becoming desensitized to Biblical truths. Christians are becoming too much a part of this world. They are letting their emotions/feelings rule their decisions. Why? Our feelings aren't reliable.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it?

We shouldn't ignore the fact that God, the maker of heaven and earth, the giver of life and death has given us instruction, encouragement and a chance to know Him and His character in His Word-The Bible.

A Christian, and I don't mean a person who just goes to church here and there, someone who thinks they are a good person, or someone who was born into a Christian family. I mean a CHRISTIAN - someone who has surrendered their life and their will to Christ. Someone who has turned away from the sin that once ruled their lives and accepts God's gift of eternal life, should not just blend into society or the world today.

It saddens me to see Christians compromise on Biblical truths because they can't discern between God's truth and their own truth.

It is so important to be in the Word! It is so important to make time to talk to God, and to listen to Him. Without His word, how can you have discernment? How will you know Him?

Life is rough. But thankfully, we have a God who is more powerful then anything life can throw at us. He is rich in mercy and love. He is full of Grace. He has the power to change hearts and lives - and he does.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Hebrews 4:12 comes to mind. "For the Word of God is living and active sharper than any double edged sword..."

It is true, we can trust it and His ways our best

denise said...

So true. Thanks for this reminder.

Kjersten said...

Amy,
I live in a very liberal area...and the churches can also be very liberal. I find it challenging to cling to the truth in the world when I am standing alone and everyone else wants to follow what feels good or is socially acceptable. Yet I still cling, often by myself and hope to be a light. I'd love to chat with you more about this!

Amy said...

Kj, Call anytime! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...