Sunday, May 3, 2009

On Raising Teens... tell me what you think.



Let's talk about teenagers.

I know I'm a few years away from that stage. But, I have heard a lot of horror stories lately. I have heard exasperation in parents when talking about their teens. Comments like: Enjoy them now, because when they are teenagers....., or, I can't handle the one teenager I have--and you'll have four.

Thankfully, I have friends with teenage kids who are great! So, don't worry teens of my friends...it's not your parents I am talking about. If I didn't have these people in my life who have have nice, non-rebellious kids...I'm sure I would feel a little hopeless. I know it is possible to have "good" teens, soooo.....

For those who have raised teenagers: How did you do it and survive? How did you thrive? What do you regret? What would you do differently? What did you do right? Share some of your wisdom....yes, wisdom.
Teens: What are some important things that parents should know? What is most important to you?

3 comments:

ness said...

Is that little angel picture supposed to be me as a teen? hee- hee:)

Amy said...

No, actually it's me. ;)

The Keevy Family said...

Amy, I was just thinking the other day that I should start asking around for some good Christian books that I can read now to help prepare me. My daughter seems especially sensitive and I think I need to be completely armed when we get to that emotional stage! Let me know if you find some good resources. Seems like just yesterday we were up at night with our first babies.:) Time flies...
Jane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...