Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tried and True: Recipes your family will love

Recipes that freeze well (well, one recipe. I'll post more later)

Lasagna
Lasagna noodles (about 8), cooked according to package directions
* cook and set aside

1 pound hamburger
1/2 cup of diced onion
* brown, drain, then add:

(1) 24oz can of diced tomatoes, drained a little
(1) 6 oz can of Tomato paste
2 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
3 Tbls parsley flakes
*cover, simmer for 30 minutes.


You will also need
3/4 lb Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 pint cottage cheese

How to assemble:
Layer in 9X13 pan:
1/2 of the meat sauce
1/2 of the noodles
1/2 of the mozzarella
1/2 cottage cheese
1/2 Parmesan
Repeat

Cover and bake @ 350, for 40 minutes or until bubbly.

When I make this I double or triple the recipe. If you do this you will need a big pan or stock pot, and you may need to simmer for a little longer. To freeze, boil the noodles, but don't bake the lasagna. Cover well and freeze. To bake from frozen: 350 degrees, covered for about 70-90 minutes. You could also thaw it our first.

Serve with:

tossed salad
garlic bread

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing Amy! This is great. ...I've placed it in our personal recipe website: http://recipe.dustincrockett.com/recipe/index/

Babs Schmitt (sis #90) said...

is that the same recipe we had when I was there....yummy. I'm glad you posted it. I was going to ask you for it.

Amy said...

yep, it's the same one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...