Friday, September 19, 2008

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like This.....

I received this email from my friend Jeanette. I am sharing it with you with her permission. Can anyone relate???

----------------------------------------------

My morning was going fairly well and I thought I would even try to feed Courtney in the high chair while I ate my breakfast. I look over at Seth and ask him, for the third time, to eat his breakfast. Then I hear Matthew starting to gag and, sure enough, out came his breakfast all over his shorts and the floor. I grab him, leaving the puke still on the floor, and haul him to the bath tub, and rinse off the shorts. I decided the poor guy could probably use a real bath because of the dried snot on his face from having a cold, besides the smell of vomit on his legs. I give him a quick bath, even though he was hoping for a long one, get him out and wrap a towel around him, and decide I want to toss the stinky shorts in the washer while I am near it. I look in the washer and, of course this would have to be one of those times that the load I started the day before never made it to the dryer. So before I empty the washer I need to bring what is in the dryer to the living room, but by this time I look over at Matthew, who is still in just a towel, and he says, "Mommy pee." And yep that is what he did, on the floor, luckily not on the carpet. Courtney is now crying and tired of being in the high chair, and Seth is no longer at the table, and his breakfast is still untouched. So I holler at Seth to come and eat his breakfast, again, and grab Courtney from the high chair and set her on the floor in the living room to roll around. After cleaning up the "pee", I call Matthew over to put a diaper on him and Kayla says, "Mom, Courtney is blowing out." "Oh bring her on over. While I am diapering one I might as well change the other." I take off her poopy clothes and as she is sitting there naked, because I think she too could use a quick bath, I again ask Seth to sit down and eat his breakfast. I pick up Courtney and haul her to the tub and see the pukey shorts still on the floor where I left them, and Kayla hollers, "Mom there is a puddle on the floor!" Would you believe that in the 30 seconds Courtney sat naked on the floor she piddled? Well she did. So I give Courtney a bath, clean up her puddle, toss the stuff in the washer in the dryer, start a new load with the pukey shorts, finally get around to cleaning up the puke on the floor next to the table, get Matthew dressed, get Courtney dressed, and then have a chance to clean the bright yellow poop stains out of Courtney's clothes. All in time to start homeschooling! :-) Hah!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I guess my day wasn't so bad!

ness said...

sure puts things into perspective!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...